Bentley Systems announces finalists for the 2022 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure
Bentley Systems has recently announced the finalists in the 2022 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure.
The company says that this annual awards program honours the work of Bentley software users who are advancing infrastructure design, construction, and operations throughout the world.
Eleven independent jury panels selected the 36 finalists from over 300 nominations submitted. These nominations were submitted by more than 180 organisations from 47 countries and encompassed 12 categories.
Returning to an in-person presentation, the winners will be revealed on November 15 at the awards event in London at the Intercontinental Park Lane, in front of invited press members and industry executives.
Finalists' presentations will also be available online through Bentley's website from November 7, 2022. These presentations will showcase the people behind notable infrastructure projects as they tell their stories of leveraging digital advancements to achieve successful outcomes.
"After two years of hosting the event virtually, we are excited to reunite in person with the Going Digital Awards finalists to celebrate their accomplishments along with press members and industry analysts," says Nicholas Cumins, Bentley's chief operating officer.
"Bentley executives will share insights about digital advancements in infrastructure along with updates on Bentley applications and technology innovations."
In Australia and New Zealand, companies across a range of verticals and sectors were selected as finalists, including:
Construction: Acciona Safely Removing Dangerous Level Crossings through Digital Construction, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Facilities, Campuses, and Cities: Sydney Airport Maps@SYD, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Geoprofessional: GHD Cressbrook Dam, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.
Grid: Essential Energy Essential Energy Intelligent Substation Design, Port Macquarie, Australia.
Roads and Highways: Beca Ltd. Takitimu North Link, Tauranga, Western Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
A complete global list of finalists for the 2022 Going Digital Awards in Infrastructure includes:
Bridges and Tunnels
- Ferrovial Construction and Alamo Nex Construction IH35 Nex Central Section, San Antonio, Texas, United States.
- Southwest Municipal Engineering Design & Research Institute of China In-depth and Collaborative Application of BIM Technology in the Second Section of Chengdu's East-West City Axis, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
- Zigong Urban Planning and Design Institute Co., Ltd. Section C and D of the Infrastructure Construction Project of City-industry Integration Belt between Fushun County and Rong County of Zigong, Zigong City, Sichuan, China.
- Acciona Safely Removing Dangerous Level Crossings through Digital Construction, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- China Railway 18th Bureau Group Co., Ltd. Application of BIM Technology to Ultra-deep Water Transmission Tunnel in Pearl River Delta, Foshan, Guangdong, China.
- DPR Construction RMR 20 Massachusetts Ave., NW Repositioning, Washington, D.C., United States.
- Mott MacDonald Smart Object Library for the Environment Agency, United Kingdom.
- National Highways Complex Infrastructure Programme A303 ProjectWise and iTwin Deployment Pilot Project, Salisbury - Stonehenge, Wiltshire, United Kingdom.
- WSB Digital As-built Proof of Concept, Elk River, Minn., United States.
Facilities, Campuses, and Cities
- Kaunas University of Technology Kaunas Digital Twin, Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Kokusai Kogyo Co., Ltd. Project PLATEAU: Japans Largest 3D City Model Project, Numazu City/Kaga City, Shizuoka Prefecture/Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan.
- Sydney Airport Maps@SYD, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- GHD Cressbrook Dam, Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.
- Mott MacDonald Driving Efficiency and Sustainability in Material Reuse through geoBIM, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom.
- PT Hutama Karya (Persero) Semantok Dam Project, Nganjuk, East Java, Indonesia.
- Essential Energy Essential Energy Intelligent Substation Design, Port Macquarie, Australia.
- POWERCHINA Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. Full Life-cycle Digital Application in Wuhan Xudong 220 kV Substation Project, Wuhan, Hubei, China.
- State Grid Hengshui Electric Power Supply Company Comprehensive Application of BIM Technology for Power Transmission and Transformation Engineering Construction, Hengshui, Hebei, China.
Process and Power Generation
- OQ Upstream OQ Asset Reliability Digitalisation with Purpose, Oman.
- Sarawak Energy Berhad Modernising Bakun Hydroelectric Plant with a Digital Twin, Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Shell Projects and Technology Deepwater Project Delivery Digital Platform, Gulf of Mexico, Texas, United States.
Rail and Transit
- Arcadis Carstairs, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Metro Manila Subway Project (MMSP) - Phase 1 Metro Manila Subway Project (MMSP) - Phase 1, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk Integrated High-speed Rail & Station Jakarta Bandung, Jakarta - Bandung, Indonesia.
Roads and Highways
- AFRY New Test Track for Autonomous and Electrified Vehicles, Sdertlje, Stockholm Area, Sweden.
- Beca Ltd. Takitimu North Link, Tauranga, Western Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
- Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC City of Perry Innovates with Foth Creating a Digitally Mapped City Using Digital Twins, Perry, Iowa, United States.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited Design & Construction of Tunnel and Underground Station at Krishna Park of Delhi MRTS, New Delhi, India.
- Sinotech Engineering Consultants, Ltd. TPC Changhua Offshore Wind Farm Phase 2 Project, Changhua County, Taiwan.
- WSP Unity Place Delivered with Optimised Design by WSP Using Innovations from Bentley, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom.
Surveying and Monitoring
- Aegea Brazil's Largest 3D Sanitation Map (Digitalisation of Rio de Janeiro), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- HDR Murray Dam Condition Assessment, San Diego County, Calif., United States.
- Singapore Land Authority SG Digital Twin Empowered by Mobile Mapping, Singapore.
Water and Wastewater
- Jacobs Tuas Water Reclamation Plant (TWRP) for PUB, Singapore's National Water Agency, Singapore.
- L&T Construction Utility Development and Management for Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout (NPKL), Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- MWH Treatment, as part of Advance Plus Framework JV with J Murphys & Sons Burnley WwTW Capital Investment Project, Burnley, United Kingdom.